I think that it was a couple of months ago that i surprised my wife with tickets to her show.
We went this past Friday. " A night with Diana Krall", it was more like a half a night. The LA Philharmonic was the first half. I really enjoyed listening to them. Let me actually start somewhere else. We sat down and had a bottle of italian sparkling wine. Mind you i had not eaten all night. We were munching on grapes and cheese while having the wine. Then I found the leftover subway sandwich that my wife did not finish. After eating half of that i noticed the man that seated directly in front of my seat. He was tall and wearing a HAT!. All i could see was the halo of lights just above his hat. The rest of the "bowl" was covered just perfectly. I thought nothing of it except that if the show started with his hat on, i was going to say something. I was having a great time with my wife that night. So the show begins and Mr. hat is still on. Just when i was going to say something the stars spangled banner started to play. Hat came off and stayed off. Sweet.
There was a conductor that came out, Joana Carneiro. Im sure that she has paid her dues and worked extremely hard to get where she is now. However when i saw her on the screen conducting (my vision is not a sharp, i could not make out her face without looking at the screen) I thought that she was having an orgasm!! No kidding. I really should not be making fun because you could tell in every single person that was in that stage that they were passionate about what they do. The smallest window that i have to this passion is when i listen to Pachelbel's Canon. I feel the music, flowing like poetry, silk falling from the sky, like ketchup flowing on a hot dog.
When their perfomance ended it was halftime (yes halftime). People were entering that were not allowed to come in during the performance. A "sista" pointed towards the seat next to my wife and said " those are my seats", i almost said "that's great, you found your seats". Let's just say the the gals next to me along with my wife and sista next to her were in a really snug place. I almost forgot to mention Fran Drescher was seating directly behind me. Noo, not the real one, but the one that laughs just like her. Shit! oh well. Then came the band that plays with Diana Krall, umm Clayton-Hamilton Jazz Orchestra. They were awsome. Then she came out. It was very cool. She was really good. To summarize my wife was in heaven when she listened to her that night. Im done for now. I need a snack.
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment