I must say that seeing the black tar poop was cooool. I have read up on it and how it will change over time.
what day is it today? I have seen many diapers and have been peed on numerous times but what really gets me the most i think is the lack of sleep.
Black tar poop (meconuim) is some sticky icky stuff that takes a while to get out of your babys butt. I was glad when he transitioned to a different kind of poop and consistency.
LEt me start from the beginning, we woke up to my alarm at 540am on July 23. My wife said, "i think that i heard something pop". I thought to myself, "oh yeah, no work today, gotta go to the hospital and check this out". (just kidding BRandon)....
We had time to get ready and even had some food to eat on our way. We got to the hospital around eight am and checked in. This was the new kaiser off sand canyon and alton (well not new but the delivery building/wing was).
There was not tearing of my skin from my wife but on the contrary a more serious lets get to business attitude. Unfortunately her epi wore off 3/4 of the way into labor. She needed more but took half an hour for the next dose to kick in. I was counting and timing the contractions as they hit wave after wave. FInally i saw Gavin's head/hair. He had taken 14 hrs to be born but at 1050pm he was introduced to his proud parents.
The first 3 days were a bit blurry because we were recovering from being a married couple to a family. I had very little sleep throughout those nights and by day 7 i was sleepwalking!!!!!!!
It was more sleep taking care off. My wife told me of numerous times that i was over Gavin watching him just in case anything... I do not remember this going on.. I did wake up 2 times out of the 8 times or so that my wife tells me, those 2 times i was aware that i had no baby on my arm but was still on the crib. Weird, i know im not getting enough rest but this is ridiculous. Next thing you know i will be sleep blogging.
The last 6 days have been a bit more predictable. He takes his semi long nap around 2p and wakes up around 5-6p. then cluster feeds around 9-11pm (basically eating frequently in anticipation for a long sleep, something like that).
HE then goes to sleep around midnight and wakes up around 5 or 6 am. that sounds like no time but it is welcomed sleep for the both of us.
Unfortunately our son has club feet, not too severe but we started with intervention today to correct the problem. His feet are turned inside more than what they should be (like a club, duh). Anyways we just left the orthopedic surgeons office today and he had placed casts on both legs to slowly stretch and move the ligaments to where he can have corrected feet alignment. These casts will be changed every week and will be like this for about 3-4 months.
OTher than that, i thank God for giving us a healthy baby that pees on me every other day.

No comments:
Post a Comment