Thursday, November 29, 2007

Im here, Im here

We finaly landed at Honolulu, Hawaii.

Actually, we were delayed for about an hour in LAX while a part was being replaced in the airplane that has something to do with the air inside the cabin. This does not add to my jitters of flying. There are 3 things that I am afraid of, heights, flying and running out of ketchup with the perfect meal.
Any who after take off (cluthching my wife's hand and saying a little prayer) I came to a realization that books (i bought 2 books and was reading one of them during the flight) are movies that are really long but entertaining, I finished about half of my book (where's waldo). Books name is "generation kill". Just stories about the Iraq war and views of why and what the U.S was doing there.

I do have to say that American Airlines really sucks, the only reason that my wife and I flew with them was that they had given us a voucher for $250.00 because they had lost my wife's luggage last year while in Germany (they found it a week later). This experience was not any better. I will tell you why. They did not loose any luggage but delayed us an hour from take off, the restrooms kinda smelled the ailes and they showed "hairspray" as the inflight movie. But we landed safely and were now in Hawaii. First and last time, first and last time.
We landed about 8p and took the shuttle to the enterprise location. Yes i will take the insurance (i dont know what kind of drivers are here in Hawaii, besides, it was raining) "i have a deal for you", said the confident agent. "For 3 more dollars a day, we can upgrade you to a Nissan Maxima or a Mustang convertible". "Sure, why not" i replied. This was an 08 maxima with a keyless ignition, "neat".



Got to the hotel (Hyatt, im sorry) checked in with the best front desk agent i have seen in a while. I was going through my check list while being checked in, "smiled at us, check, welcomed us, check, used name 3 times check check check. "mahalo, enjoy your stay".
humm, nice. Room has a nice view as you see.



We knock out..

Next day
we head out for some breakfast, and ended up in a burger joint that sells what seemed to be pinapple juice with whip cream on top for 6 dollars!! fiddlesticks, said I to myself after my wife got one (sorry babe, i just had to bring it up, but six dolla fo juice? thats at least two 3 lb ketchup bottles from costco)

We really did not have a solid itenirary for today. We ended up going to Diamond Head Crater (by the way I know that this is a nice hyke up the crater, tee hee, wife does not know that)(I love my wife to death but she should do more outdoor stuff)
Anywho, joke was on me because 500 meters up the hyke trail we go back. No explanation needed.



After that we drive through the area and got lost for a bit.
We did a big U turn and went to Pearl Harbor. After that I asked my wife "Since you are my navigator, what is on this freeway if we keep going?", "Pineapple plantation babe". I told her that was great.
Got to the Dole plantation and it was pretty big. I confirmed the story in which pineapples in the entrance of the hotel i work for is to show people that they are welcome and that they should eat because there is plenty of food.
Took a cute train tour ride throughout the plantation. Ate pineapple of course. There was a maze in the plantation that was in the 2001 guiness book of world record for being the biggest, i think. You know that i was going to go in there with my wife. They gave us 6 stations that we needed to look for in the maze (to make it more fun). There was also a bulletin board in the entrance indicating the best times that people have gone in the maze and completed the task of finding the stations. The guys name was on the bulletin board with a time of SIX minutes completion. Wow..
An hour later when my wife and I finished and left the maze we agreed that we were not to do that again any time soon.





We left the Dole plantation and headed north to where else, North Shore. Fo sho brah.
Big waves and really bad public restrooms. "Ok lets go back to the hotel", i told my wife. "By the way, where is your cell phone?" ...Turns out the cell phone was left at the burger breakfast place.
We were about an hour from the hotel when we left North Shore. Looking back and thinking to myself, drinking coconut/mango/pineapple juice, eating ice cream, drinking water, and having a sandwhich do not go well in my stomach.I had this during the couple of hours that we were at the plantation. This was not a good combination and my stomach was really getting this message accross.
Im getting my directions from my navigator and am praying that i make it on time back to the hotel to use the restroom. Lets just say that i could have sworn that the restroom in the hotels parking lot was built just for me to use in the year 2007. Nevermind that the hotel was built in 1926, that bathroom today was built for me back in 26.

Rested a bit and then went to have "Old Spaghetti Factory". Yeah I know, why old spaghetti? well i felt like eating baked chicked, SO que?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well at least you didn't lose the luggage this time. I know.. AA sucks big time. Since they lost my bags like the 4th time last Christmas I decided I would never check a bag again. Instead I've used the luggage forwarding services.

These guys provide some good ideas in where to find companies that take care of your luggage:
http://blog.dohop.com/?p=61